Texas A&M University- Corpus Christi
firstname.lastname@example.org • (361) 876-0357
Dr. Killebrew has more than 40 years experience in higher education, including 12 years as president of Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. During his tenure at TAMUCC, the institution grew 56%, more than doubled research expenditures, added 6 doctoral degrees and several masters and bachelor’s degrees, launched the Harte Research Institute ($46 million), acquired 137 acres of land for campus expansion, raised $70 million in new institutional funding, and launched a $350 million dollar building expansion. The Division I athletic programs were accepted into membership in the Southland Conference, beach volleyball and women’s soccer were added, and soccer, tennis and basketball facilities were constructed.
Dr. Killebrew’s administrative experience includes provost & vice president for academic affairs, dean of the graduate school and research, and director of the Texas Engineering Experiment Station Regional Division at West Texas A&M University. Dr. Killebrew has led multiple reaffirmation of accreditation efforts at two universities and has served on the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Board of Trustees. He has also developed successful teams that have developed numerous academic and research collaborations.
Accreditation planning & followup, government relations, strategic planning, leadership assessment & development, presidential evaluation, and board development.
- 6 years as a member of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) board of trustees (4 years on the executive council.)
- Chair of the Southland Conference Board
- Chair of the Texas Council of Public University Presidents and Chancellors
- Chair of the Texas International Education Consortium
- Board member, Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation
- Board member, Corpus Christi Regional Economic Development Board
- Chair, Bold Future of the Coastal Bend (visioning process)
- Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society
- Nominated to Joint Civilian Orientation Conference (JCOC 76)
- LULAC outstanding community member
- GI Forum community service recognition
- Ph.D. University of Arkansas
- BS, MS West Texas State University