Longwood University in Virginia
email@example.com • (434) 390-3465
Dr. Cormier brings more than 50 years experience in higher education, including 14 years at the helm of Longwood University. During her tenure, Longwood gained university status, the intercollegiate athletics program moved from Division II to Division I, enrollment increased significantly, and the university’s first comprehensive campaign was completed a year ahead of schedule and surpassing the goal with over $33 million in contributions and an increase in the endowment from $6 million to over $40 million.
Dr. Cormier’s administrative experience includes service as chief academic officer at Winthrop University and as an associate professor and associate dean of academic affairs at the University of Pennsylvania and vice president of development and alumni/ae relations at the Medical College of Pennsylvania. In addition to her consulting work, Dr. Cormier currently served as coordinator of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU) New Presidents Academy for four years. She has consulted for all types of institutions, including medical schools, private colleges and state universities. A successful fundraiser, Dr. Cormier has raised over $500 million in gifts and grants during her career.
Fundraising, alumni relations, public relations, marketing, enrollment management, leadership development, board-president relationships, foundation board and alumni board development
- Commissioner, Southern Association of College and Schools Board
- Chair, American Association of State Colleges and Universities Board of Directors
- Board member, the Renaissance Group and the Virginia Chamber of Commerce
- Board member and chair, LEAD Virginia
- Chair, Council of Fellows, American Council on Education
- Chair, Division II President’s Council, National Collegiate Athletic Association
- Fellow in Higher Education Academic Administration, American Council on Education
- Honorary degrees from the University of Pennsylvania, Southside Virginia Community College and Fontbonne University
- Fellow, College of Physicians of Philadelphia
- Ed.D., M.Ed., University of Virginia
- B.S., Boston University