President Emeritus And Distinguished Trustee Professor
Indiana State University
President And Senior Associate
email@example.com • (812) 249-6483
Prior to his tenure as president and faculty member at Indiana State University, Dr. John W. Moore served as President of California State University, Stanislaus. He previously served in academic and administrative positions at Old Dominion University, the University of Vermont, as Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs.
A former Coordinator of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU) New Presidents Academy, Dr. Moore was focused on enhancing the quality of teaching and learning at Indiana State University. Under his leadership, student services were improved through initiatives such as the Lily First-Year Experience Program, the Student Ombudsperson Program, the Course Transformation Academy and the President’s Scholars program. His efforts to promote private support for ISU resulted in the growth of the university’s endowment to over $40 million. Dr. Moore also boosted the university’s outreach efforts by establishing numerous partnerships throughout the state.
Dr. Moore is the author of “Presidential Succession and Transitions: Beginning, Ending, and Beginning Again,” and recently co-authored “Servant Leadership and the Art of Teaching.”
Transition planning and management, board assessment and development, president evaluations and development (i.e. coaching), intervention in troubled presidencies
- Past national president, Society for College and University Planning
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- American Council on Education
- National Collegiate Athletic Association
- Member, Indiana Education Roundtable
- Member, Indiana Economic Development Commission
- Board of Directors, Indiana Business Modernization and Technology Corporation
- Past chair, Indiana Conference on Higher Education
- Past chair, Indiana Higher Education Telecommunication System Board of Directors
- Past chair, Indiana Council for Quality Teaching for Student Learning
- Recipient, Numerous citations and honorary degrees
- Named “Sagamore of the Wabash,” the most prestigious award given to a citizen of Indiana.
- Society of Distinguished Alumni, Pennsylvania State University (2001)
- ED.D., Pennsylvania State University
- M.S., Indiana University
- B.S., Rutgers University