AASCU Consulting tailors our services to meet your institution’s unique needs and address what matters most to you. Our experienced consultants help college and university presidents, chancellors, and executive teams to overcome challenges and transform the institution.
Strategy and Transformation
STRATEGIC PLANNING & Execution
- Develop a strategic plan that communicates a compelling vision and provides strategic guiderails to focus your actions and reach the full potential of the institution.
- Turn strategy into results by executing on your plan, fostering real-time strategic decision making, and implement a process that consistently assesses new initiatives, risks, and alternatives against the institution’s priorities.
- Identify milestones, targets and metrics to assess progress, regularly calibrate the strategic plan, and focus the campus community on closing specific gaps in the strategic areas.
- Establish a transparent and inclusive budget and resource allocation process linked to your strategic plan.
Financial & Operational Effectiveness
- Address revenue shortfalls by developing and implementing strategies to reduce expenditures/increase revenues, and evaluating academic and non-academic program areas.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of financial and administrative processes and organizational structures.
- Establish a transparent and inclusive budget process linked to your institution’s strategic priorities.
- Evaluate your facility and space needs, then guide the development of a comprehensive campus plan.
- Evaluate risks and opportunities of public private partnerships to meet capital needs, provide alternative revenues, or meet other programmatic needs.
- Evaluate Athletics program needs, fiscal sustainability, and cost efficiency.
Organizational Assessment, Alignment & Transformation
- Examine your structures and processes to identify opportunities for a more agile, aligned, student centered organization.
- Evaluate and develop talent management and development strategies.
- Navigate changes and challenges through effective change management, communication, and organizational transformation
EXECUTIVE COACHING and THOUGHT PARTNERSHIP
- Meeting with the executive to (1) review the expectations and priorities; (2) to discuss the executive’s own perceptions of the job; and (3) to establish a plan for regular communication via email, Zoom/Skype, or phone.
- “Fit” between the client and the coach is key. Both parties should feel they are entering into a trust relationship that will be characterized by candor and confidentiality.
- In the course of their work together, the executive and coach will review any relevant materials pertaining to the state of the institution, assess the composition and “climate” of the executive’s team, and meet with colleagues, as needed.
- Consultation for newly appointed and experienced presidents and senior executives
- Performance reviews for presidents and senior executives based on 360-degree assessments and subsequent developmental strategies (and can be aligned with the institution/board policy for the evaluation of presidents)
LEADERSHIP ONBOARDING and Transition
- Environmental and institutional scanning to set up a successful search
- Search committee formulation, orientation, training and search process consultation
- “Transition-in” consultation for governing boards, system executives, and presidents to ensure a successful start for newly appointed presidents and chancellors
- Professional development consultation and facilitation for presidents, chancellors, and their teams
- Performance reviews for presidents, chancellors, and senior executives
- “Transition-out” consultation to ensure continuous effective institutional leadership as departing executives prepare their exit
TEAM DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTIVE RETREAT FACILITATION
- Leadership team retreat facilitation
- One-on-one coaching for team members
- Facilitation of annual goal setting and alignment of individual leadership portfolios with the priorities of the institution
- Advisory to teams on strategic decision making, team dynamics, rules of engagement, and cross divisional collaboration.
We help senior leaders facilitate change processes. We focus on how skills and mindsets can be developed and leveraged in support of change.
Custom Manager and Supervisor Leadership Training
Department Chair Training
- Orientation and development, including performance assessments and self-assessments
- Enhancing relationships between boards and presidents