Ph.D., Ohio State University
B.S., M.A., University of Minnesota
Corporate Governance Executive Education, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
Team and leadership development, organizational culture and change, executive coaching, managing when bad things happen.
Prior to serving as chancellor of Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI), from 2003-2015, Dr. Charles Bantz served as Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs at Wayne State University in Detroit. He served Arizona State University as Vice Provost of the Tempe campus, Chair of the Department of Communication (now the Hugh Downs School of Human Communication), and a faculty member. Earlier faculty service includes the Universities of Minnesota (Twin Cities) and Colorado (Boulder). He has been recognized for his research on organizational culture and his service to the Urban Serving Universities.
- Chair, Indianapolis Downtown Incorporated Board of Directors
- Past Chair, Urban Serving Universities Coalition Board of Directors.
- Past Member, NCAA Executive Committee & Division I Board of Directors
- Past Member, APLU Board of Directors
- Past Member, United Way of Central Indiana, Board & Executive Committee
- Publicly Elected Trustee of Crows Nest, Indiana (2003-2015)
- Past Chair, Economic Club of Indiana Board of Governors
- Sagamore of the Wabash, Governor of Indiana, 2015
- Outstanding Service Award, Coalition of Urban Serving Universities, 2015
- President’s Medal, Indiana University President, 2015
- Gerald L. Bepko Outstanding Administrator Award, IUPUI Faculty Council, 2015
- Indianapolis Chapter of Links International Salutes, April 24, 2015
- Telly Award, for “IUPUI—Where Impact Is Made Everyday,” TV commercial, 2010
- Alumnus of Notable Achievement, College of Liberal Arts, University of Minnesota, 1994
- Outstanding Book Award, 1992-1993, National Communication Association Organizational Communication Division for Understanding organizations: Interpreting organizational communication cultures