Ken Dobbins, Ph.D.
Assessing financial, facilities, campus budgeting process, and other administrative areas; guiding academic/non-academic program reviews in a collegial/transparent manner; conducting organizational reviews and realignments; and integrating campus-wide entrepreneurial concepts
Dr. Kenneth W. Dobbins’ 16 year tenure as president at Southeast Missouri State University, (July 1999 – June 2015) includes numerous successful initiatives, including capital projects totaling more than $500 million; increasing enrollment from 7,900 to 12,000; creating financial stability during a period of decreased state appropriations; introducing an entrepreneurial approach to economic development; and establishing mutually beneficial external partnerships.
Prior to becoming president at Southeast Missouri State University, Dr. Dobbins served 8 years at Southeast as Executive Vice President and CFO and in several administrative at Kent State University. He also has served as both a military and civilian auditor and management consultant for the Air Force Audit Agency.
Dr. Dobbins served for 10 years on the faculty of the AASCU’s New President’s Academy, primarily teaching areas of financial management, budgeting, enrollment management, campus master planning, facilities management and athletics.
Recently, Ken completed a three year appointment as Chancellor of the St. Louis campus of Ponce Health Sciences University which offers graduate medical degrees. Additionally, he is the Coordinator of AASCU’s Emerging Leader Program which is a professional development program for mid-career faculty and staff.
- Treasurer, St. Charles County Port Authority
- Chair, Secretary-Treasurer, AASCU Board of Directors
- Chair, AASCU Professional Development Committee
- Governor Appointee, Midwestern Higher Education Compact
- Board member and Finance Committee chair, American Academic Leadership Institute
- Vice President for Membership and Executive Committee member, Greater St. Louis Council Executive Board, Boy Scouts of America
- Member, Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America board
- Member, Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce board
- Boy Scout Silver Beaver Award
- Old Dominion Alumni Award
- Health and Human Services Hall of Fame Alumni Leadership Award, Kent State College of Education
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Outstanding Civilian Auditor of the Year, Air Force Audit Agency
Ph.D. in Higher Education, Kent State University
M.B.A., Old Dominion University
B.S. in Accounting, University of Akron
CPA, State of Ohio