Dorothy Leland, Ph.D.
Leading Organizational Change
Leadership Team Development
Dr. Dorothy Leland most recently served for eight years as chancellor of the University of California’s campus in Merced (UC Merced) and before that as president of Georgia College and State University (Georgia College). In both capacities, she played transformative roles.
During her tenure at Georgia College, Leland worked to enhance the institution’s recognition, competitiveness, and funding as the state’s public liberal arts college. At UC Merced, she spear-headed an unprecedented $1.3 billon expansion through a unique public-private partnership. This expansion doubled the school’s physical capacity and enabled continued enrollment growth for its predominantly first-generation, low-income, and minority students.
WASC team chair, numerous institutions
- California Compact Board of Directors
- Presidents’ Alliance on Higher Education and Immigration Founding Member
- Central Valley Higher Education Consortium Board of Directors
- Partnership for the San Joaquin Valley Board of Directors and chair
- AASCU Board of Directors
- NCAA Division 2 Presidents Council
- Council of Higher Education Accreditation Board of Directors and chair
- Distinguished alumna Purdue University
- Governor’s Historic Preservation Leadership Award
- Numerous community based recognitions
Ph.D. Philosophy, Purdue University
MA, Purdue University
BA, Purdue University